Led by Robin Herdman
This course is designed to enable students to communicate with Deaf people in BSL about familiar, day to day topics and activities.
- Be able to communicate in BSL using a simple range of vocabulary and signing structure
- Be prepared to take part in a basic conversation in BSL
- Who wish to acquire basic language skills to allow communication with Deaf people
- Who are already in employment.
- Who wants to continue language learning in addition to their regular studies.
- Who wish to progress to more advanced at a later date.
- Show a basic understanding of BSL
- Show understanding of at least one Deaf person using BSL
- Demonstrate understanding of a range of vocabulary within the topics taught
- Use the correct BSL structure
- Use appropriate and clear handshapes
- Use suitable non-manual features
- Be able to conduct a basic conversation with a Deaf person
Bookings are no longer available for this event.